Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ammo Shortage Update - Wally World Ammo Line

Shopping at Wally World

With the shortages going on right now when it comes to ammo it is really sad that Wally World is one place where it is most evident.  I've dropped by the ammo section religiously whenever shopping there and all you ever see is a few shotgun shell boxes and rarely even the bulk packs of that.  It has been that way for the past six months.


The Story of a an ammo find at Wally World

I was on the way down the highway and noticed a Wally Tractor Trailer in front of me.  I changed lanes to take the exit to the Wally Center nearby.  He almost missed the turn and I let him in and then I noticed the driver picked the wrong lane.  I held back until he noticed his mistake and got in front of me and meanwhile the driver behind me was getting very unhappy.  I did my good deed for the day and went to to my shopping without thinking anything of it.  Later while visiting the sporting goods section I noticed a line forming and asked what it was about.  A few people said, "ammo delivery."

So I got in line.  As I waited the realization that my Karma had improved by letting that delivery truck get in front of me twice.  I was getting my reward.  We waited and I talked with the other dozen or so waiting customers and I found out that most had called in beforehand and knew a delivery was scheduled.  So this was some good intelligence that I hadn't considered as an approach to know when ammo arrived.   A number of those there were getting in regular purchases by doing this and one guy told me he was able to pick up a box of 250 rounds of 9mm and two 100 round boxes.  On this day all I could get were 3 x 50 round boxes of 9mm Federal for $13.95 each which was much better than the $28 per box at the gun shows and $20 per box at some of the gun shops if they had any at all.

They had .45, .40. 9mm, .380, .38, 5.56, and some hunting rounds for 30-30 and a few other  rifle calibers that are mostly deer hunter rounds.

What to know:

3 box limit - That means to pick what you can't find easily anywhere else.

Multiple deliveries weekly - call and see if they will tell you when the deliveries are anticipated.

Bring along a wife, friend, or legal age son or daughter so they can get 3 boxes too.

Good luck and let those Wally World Delivery trucks have the right of way.  It may help your Karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive