Friday, January 5, 2018

Spectre - Attacking Computer Chips

Spectre Attack

This could be a James Bond Movie plot with the existing bad guys just getting this exploit named for their efforts.

If you have an Iphone it looks like the main thing to do is stick with your Safari browser for now hoping that Apple does a fast update.  As for me, were I using an Iphone I'd do exactly that and maybe for now just limit web browsing and stop using free wifi until they solve this.

Google should be able to solve their risk quickly on the browser and if you have a Chromebook and only use the guest option when browsing it is probably the safest way to go.   I do that anyway unless I need to log into a google account.

Surivival Compound method:  use purpose dedicated equipment.  A chromebook for surfing, an apple for design, and windows for whatever else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive