Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Healthy Eating Not So Healthy

Organic food may kill you.
Simply put, what good is healthy food if it has a propensity to be deadly.

Here are my rules.

#1 is to always scrub the food you eat in clean water.  That is problematic with sprouts so as a rule unless I grow the sprouts I won't eat them.

#2 is to cook food to kill bacteria.  They say it makes the food less healthy, but to paraphrase/quote Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales, "Dyin ain't much of a livin."

#3 Never eat out, but if you do make sure it is cooked food, not raw.

These are my rules and I stick by them and so far for the past 20 years I have avoided getting food poisoning of any kind worth mentioning.

As a standard rule I recommend keeping a bottle of Pepto whose main ingredient is bismuth subsalicylate.    Generic brands work well too and the moment I suspect the food I put in my mouth and swallowed is not right I go for the Pepto.  This might save you from many hours of misery and even a trip to the emergency room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive