Thursday, October 6, 2016

Ammo Update East Coast USA, .22 LR, 9mm ( October 6, 2016 )

Shortage Still exists at a new higher price.

I saw something yesterday that I couldn't believe.  I had a .22 LR sighting.  It was only 100 round boxes of WinX, and CCI and I bought my 3 box limit.  

Current price at Wally World  .085 per round for Winchester X solids, or CCI HP

I always drop by the Ammo Section no matter what Wally World I visit.  Usually it is just to confirm that .22 is not available and to find some 9mm.  The 9mm has leveled off.

Current price for 9mm is .20 per round for aluminum case and .25-.30 for brass case unless you get a foreign brand.  One I found made in Eastern Europe with brass is at .20 per round but of course it is always sold out.

I suggest you continue to buy as needed for regular practice and add more when available.  The post election situation may be ugly no matter who wins, but presume that the gun grabber wins and you can expect wild and sustained shortages far into the the horizon and maybe never to change.  Remember, it was only 8 years ago when you could still get .22 for .03-.04 per round and always get a brick when you wanted it.  Once the government game started of limiting availability through market manipulation it has been a challenge ever since.  The prices are now permanently at least double.

Those who buy ammo now will not regret having it later for barter or use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive