Monday, October 24, 2016

Ryobi 18v rechargeable batteries vs standard batteries for Survival

I'm a Home Depot Ryobi 18V One+ fan.  I bought a set of tools years ago that came with Ni-cad batteries and later updated with some lithium batteries in the one+ category.

I used to buy more and more batteries in AA, AAA, D, C, and 9V to be ready to power up flashlights, radios, and other devices.  Of course I still have some around but I really got tired of having to use the batteries or lose them since over time they will degrade.  I found that using AA for electric toothbrushes at least gets me using that size battery.  Also, a small radio made by Sony uses the same so I have tried to start sizing down my flashlights to work with AA size batteries as well.    I'll just mention that there are so many options in that category that you can spend days just looking for the right flashlight.   I just went through my D cell pile and found many of them are losing power and I simply can't use them enough based on the fact I now have my Ryobi lights that do a better job and can always be recharged.

Here is a Ryobi Shop Light.  It is bright enough to light up a large room and if set on a table can be a work light.  With a 20 hour plus run time on a battery this is great for emergencies and camping.

I like this light.  It is handy and very light.  With a lithium battery is is extremely easy to carry and can hang in a room or outside depending on what you need.

After owning one for a while and testing it out I've decided to get at least one more and eventually pick up more of the expensive but very useful lithium batteries.












Below are the batteries that you can purchase to run the Ryobi One+ system.

They are very cost effective compared to lithium one time use batteries and regular rechargeable batteries of the standard AAA, AA, C, D types.  I have stopped adding to the old styles and have come to rely heavily on the Ryobi system for the simplicity and major capacity that comes with these batteries.  You can also see the newer incandescent flashlight that works with these batteries.  It seems as bright as a small spotlight.


Below is a circular Saw that runs on the system.  
 Below is the Reciprocating saw that you can see I've put to use.
 This drill is powerful.  Though not as versatile and easy to use as some others I find it functional.
 Below are two types of flashlights.  The original blue one is great for an incandescent.  You can see the old style ni-cad battery underneath.  Both have rotating heads for aiming and can sit flat for a work environment.  I have put both to heavy and regular use.  I keep one in the car and one on the nightstand.  I have one more of the old style in a easy to find location on a shelf in the kitchen.
 This portable vacuum has seen heavy use in cars, closets, work space, and on stairs.  It has run well for years.

There are more tools that work with this system that you can find online at the Home Depot site or in the store.  I have found the chain saw, weed trimmer, hedger,  and leaf blower work well too.  I just didn't get around to adding the photos of these.  As you can see I'm fully on board with the Ryobi system and have had great success with the tools and batteries.  The lithium batteries are now at least temporarily reduced in price to make them extremely competitive with other options out there.  I have picked up more of them knowing that I will put them to regular use.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive