Sunday, February 5, 2017

Coffee - Get some to keep you going in hard times

I know some people think they should abstain from caffeine and that is their right.  Though some recent health research shows that it might be a wash or even a benefit to drinking coffee, there are always downsides to anything taken in excess.

If you have acid reflux problems or just heartburn when drinking coffee then consider Kava instant found at many grocery stores.  It is acid reduced to the point where you don't even need to cut it with milk or creamer to avoid the acid burn of many types of coffee.

Though I like making coffee I find myself drinking instant most of the time due to the rush of the day.  Keeping a bottle of instant in the car can provide a low cost drink and lift to keep you going and avoiding the calories and cost of a Latte or some other fancy drink, or worse yet a greasy burger that you probably don't need to add to your paunch.

Coffee is everywhere for now though the price has increased of late.  If you like it set some aside for the rainy days that may be coming.  Instant has another advantage in that it is freeze dried which of course is the magic approach used for long term storage.  Of course they probably don't add the nitrogen preservation but it still is good for years under almost all conditions.  Only one thing I'd recommend is to avoid excessive heat.  Store the bottles in a shaded shed or wherever the temps don't cause it to solidify.  I've had some Maxwell House instant do that and I must assume it was heat and some moisture that got into it.  It also became bitter, but that still didn't prevent me from using it.

If you are into brand name coffee you might give this brand a try.  I think I will.  I just like the name.

http://www.blackriflecoffee.com/collections/coffee


Here is another one that deserves mention.

http://infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/coffee.html

Update 2/18/2017

Good Article on coffee found:  http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/live-coffee-shtf/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive