Friday, May 26, 2017

Home Defense: An encounter, Improvised Weapons

An encounter with a late night intruder

I came across this page in my travels on the web and found it excellent as a reminder to be sure of your situation before pulling the trigger.  It may save a life, your freedom, and your assets.

A locked door is a really good idea as the man in this story admitted he hadn't locked the door.  I guess I live in an alternate universe.  I've believed in locked doors since I was a kid.  There is something about waking up staring at an axe handle that just creeps me out.  An alarm or a dog is also a nice touch.


Improvised self defense weapons by Jeremiah Johnson

I'd like to add a few that I have at hand. 

1. Water bottle or water container made of metal  - good club for one strike.

2. Book - and old hard cover or even a paperback.  Snap it on edge for a strike.

3. Baseball cap - snap from the bill to the plastic back in the face and eyes of opponent.  Good for wrist flick surprise
Curve the bill to make it fit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive