Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Why So Few New Calibers?

 
The .40 has too much recoil for most and is now starting to drop down in desirability now that 9mm ammo has been improved enough to offer close enough energy for self defense vs the .45 and .40.  Notice the .223 & 5.56 mm are primary rifle rounds.  I decided back in the late 70's that I'd stick with just .22, 9mm, 5.56mm, and 12 gauge.

I have to admit that my love affair with 12 gauge is almost over thanks to a bad back and shoulder so I have moved back to the 20 gauge though I still keep a 12.  My only big mistake has to gone astray like a libertine with all the other calibers I've tried I suppose mostly out of curiosity and for general knowledge.  In the end the 9mm and .22 would probably solve 85% of all problems in pistol and rifle.  That leaves whatever you need for hunting or hitting beyond 100-150 yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive