Saturday, March 3, 2018

CCW: Mistakes to Avoid

7 Mistakes

Let me add one that I think exists.  Living to carry versus carrying to live.

I found that the weapons setup with the least effort, ease of use, and lightest is the one I will carry with me at all times.  Whether this is a .22 revolver or a 9mm single stack doesn't matter so much as the fact that I have something that can issue resistance to attack whether firing it or not.  Find a gun you can carry and hit with and ignore the guys behind the gun counter telling you have to get at least a 9mm and should go with a .45.    For myself, I'm partial to .380 in various configurations because I find myself carrying it regularly long after I set aside the Glock 19, and any 1911 versions.  If you like single action the Sig P238 is a gem, and if you like striker fire the Glock 42 is ideal.  When I say ideal I mean minimal recoil, reduced report to help save hearing destruction relative to say a .40 if you are forced to use it without hearing protection.  Both are light in weight and slim in form.  There are others but these two I know about.  If you want a revolver there is always the option of sizing down to a .22 magnum S&W model 317 or a Ruger LCR in .38 or .22 Magnum or .22 LR.  Of course .38 is preferred but I would put my hands up were a .22 Magnum or LR facing me and I was caught by surprise.  Anyone who says different must not know how much a .22 hole hurts when it goes 12 inches into your body.  Okay, so maybe it won't lay someone out instantly like some of the hotter rounds but I accept that the fight has just begun and maybe the shooting part isn't the end of it.  Running comes to mind along with grabbing the nearest chair once you've emptied on the bad guy.   Sure, things might not work out but  To quote  Sergeant Major Daniel Daly,  "Do you want to live forever?"

Wiki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive